To use SPCAF you will need to install an SPCAF license key, such as a trial key or a purchased license key. This key is a cryptic text that is usually delivered via email. The following sections describe the different ways to install this license key on your computer so that it can be found by the SPCAF tools.
Note: When copying the license key from your email, please ensure to copy only the key, without the surrounding lines ("-----"). The license key will normally start with "0x0" and end with "==".
1. Start the SPCAF client application.
2. In the header of the application click on the "Manage Licenses" icon.
3. On the "Manage Licenses" page click the "Add" button.
4. Paste your license key into the text field and click "Save".
5. After successful installation of the key, your license is displayed in the section "Manage licenses".
Now your license has been applied to SPCAF.
1. Start the Visual Studio IDE and open your SharePoint project for the analysis.
2. In the "Tools" menu click "SPCAF SharePoint Code Analysis" -> "About".
3. In the "About" dialog of SPCAF click "Add License".
4. In the following screen click "Add License".
5. An "Enter SPCAF License" dialog will appear. Copy the license key from your email and paste it into the text field. Click "Save" to save the key to your computer.
6. After successful installation of the key, your license will be displayed in the "Installed licenses" in the "About" dialog.
Now you can use SPCAF with your license.
For client installations (SPCAF Developer and Professional) the license key will need to be installed in the local AppData folder of the current user which is typically : "C:\Users\YourUserName]\AppData\Local\SPCAF".
The path to the local AppData folder is stored by Windows in the environment variable 'localappdata'. To find out the physical path you can open a command prompt and enter "cd %localappdata%" to navigate to that folder.
For server installations, the license key needs to be installed in the folder which contains the main executable "spcaf.exe".
SPCAF | Licensing | SPCAF | User | Client | App | Visual Studio | Install | License | TN_U | BQ_U