This article will explain how to revoke access to AnalysisCloud from being able to access your tenant.
Note: Revoking access will prevent future analysis of your tenant. To grant access again a new environment will need to be set up.
In order for AnalysisCloud to analyze your tenant as an environment, you first need to have granted permission for rencore.cloud to have access to your resources. If the time comes and you wish to no longer take advantage of AnalysisCloud you should revoke our access to your tenant.
Revoking Permission to AnalysisCloud
In order to revoke permission for AnalysisCloud's access, you will need to:
- Log into your Office Portal. (https://portal.office.com)
- Click on your account icon in the top right corner and select my account.
- Click on App permissions.
- Click "Revoke" under the "Rencore AnalysisCloud Portal" app.
5. The following confirmation screen will appear. Click "OK".
Removing AnalysisCloud app
In order to remove the app from your Tenant, you will need to:
- Log into your Azure Portal (https://portal.azure.com/)
- Once signed in Click on "Azure Active Directory".
- Click on "Enterprise applications".
- Now click on the "Rencore Analysis Cloud Analyzer".
5. Then click on Delete.
6. Logging back into AnalysisCloud you will now have the following information warning against your environment. Stating the date when the tenant was revoked.
Note: Whilst you have access to the AnalysisCloud portal the environment remains, you will be able to view previously analyzed results. However, attempting to run a new analysis will fail. An error similar to the one below will appear.
Production | SharePoint | Access | Tenant | Revoke | Stop | Prevent 9.4. | Revocation | Access 9.4. | AN_U | BQ_U