This article will guide you through what you need to do in order to transfer a valid license from one machine to another for SPCAF.
From time to time it may be necessary for you to transfer a valid license from one machine to a new machine. In these circumstances you will need to contact support and instruct them of your intention then you will need to do the following:
- Close down all applications of SPCAF (Client application and Visual Studio), then you will need to delete the Activation.caf file from your system which is located in the SPCAF folder (typically %localappdata%\Rencore\SPCAF).
- At this point, the license is will no longer be activated. Log into SPCAF and view the license code which will show the challenge code for your machine and the license.
- You will need to provide this challenge code to support.
- After supplying the challenge code to support, you will then need to uninstall SPCAF from the machine in question.
- Support will confirm that the license has been removed from our activation server, at this point you can install SPCAF on the new machine.
- Install and activate the license as per the corresponding Knowledge Base article.
The new machine will now be authorized for use with SPCAF.
Pre-Production | SPCAF | License | Transfer | Swap