This article lists the changes to SPCAF 5.2.1.
Important new functionality and important fixes for TFS analysis
- New PowerShell commandlet: allows the integration of SPCAF into PowerShell scripts (only available for SERVER license).
- New 'Summary Report' is created as analysis result. The report shows a graphical summary of all results (code quality, metrics, dependencies, inventory) in one report.
- Free Usage of SPCAF client without license: without any license at least the new summary report is created.
- New option to suppress error messages in an assembly rule.
- New metrics and rules for IT-Pros counts modifications of SPFarm and SPWebApplication object, farm feature activiations in full trust code etc.
- New 'Dependency Inspector' in dependency report to make it easier to browse incoming and outgoing dependencies of a single element in the code.
- Small UI enhancements: Collapsable result view increased space for report view, new animation during analysis.
- Change in default rulesets: Removed exclusion of 'Microsoft.SharePoint*.dll' (in property 'IgnoredFiles'). Now Microsoft assemblies are always excluded from analysis.
- HTML reports are now listed in overview page of results and can be opened in an external browser.
- HTML reports are listed in advanced view in the list of available report types and are activated by default.
- Improved error message if analysis failes during file extraction.
- New argument 'Filters' for Team Build and command line to filter the input files with regular expressions.
- Change in the HTML rule report. Filtering by Severity does not update the numbers in the summary tiles (errors, warnings etc.) to avoid confusion.
- Reduced the severity for rule "SPC017511 DeclareRequiredAttributesInListDefinition" from Error down to CriticalWarning. Missing required properties are not causing an error in SharePoint but are still critical enough to fix them.
- Fixed issue in TFS team build when an exception occured which contains non-printable characters in the exception message.
- Fixed issue with not excluding Microsoft assemblies completely from analysis.
- Fixed issue with errors during analysis because of custom rules which are compiled with an older version of SPCAF SDK.
- Fixed issue in TFS team build when build result was not set to 'partially succeeded' and SPCAF executed with 'quiet' verbosity.
- Fixed rule 'SPC050237 Do not request SPField from SPFieldCollection by index. Use SPFieldCollection.GetField() instead' to detect only usage of 'Item[System.String]'. Calls to 'Item[System.Guid]' and 'Item[System.Int32]' are ignored.
- Fixed rule 'SPC080801: WebTemplate file in site definitions should start with 'WEBTEMP'' to case-insensitive check for 'webtemp'.
- Fixed issue in Settings Editor while loading custom rules which are compiled with an older version of SPCAF SDK.
SPCAF | Release Notes | 5.2.1